It's becoming very competitive out there while more and more Marketers jump onto the Content Marketing Train. The Amount of Content produced outnumbers the potential Consumers by far. Standing out becomes an Issue. Inspiring Influencers to share your Message with their Audience becomes a vital Task for modern Marketing. In this Week's Insights Talk Lee Odden, Keynote Speaker, Bestselling Author and Forbes TOP50 Content Marketer, shares some Wisdom and practical Advice on how to identify, connect and leverage effective Influencers in your Branch.
What's in it for you?
- How to identify the most Influencers in your field
- How to connect with Influencers
- How to leverage the potential of your relationship with Influencers
- Insights on Lee's new book Optimize
Special Guest Interview: Lee Odden
Lee Odden is a Keynote Speaker, Bestselling Author, and the Co-Founder and CEO of Top Rank Online Marketing. You could call him a true Veteran Internet Marketer: He's been doing online Marketing for more than 15 years. In his latest book Optimize, he espouses an integrated approach to disciplines like SEO, Social Media, Content Marketing and Public Relations:
"Optimize is designed to give readers a practical approach to integrating search and social media optimization with content marketing to boost relevance, visibility, and customer engagement."
3 Step Approach to building your Influencer Relations
During the show, Lee recommends multiple Tools that can be helpful for your Influencer Relations:
1. Identifying Influencers in your industry with Buzzsumo
With Buzzsumo, you can easily identify Influencers on a given Topic, follow them on Twitter or export your Findings as csv-Files.
2. Get deeper Insights with Followerwonk or Littlebird
With the data you get from Buzzsumo, start building your Twitter Network and connecting with Influencers. Using tools such as Followerwonk or Littlebird, you can analyze connections and content on Twitter and get Insights about who your Followers are.
3. Manage your Relations and evaluate Influencers based on their Social Scores
Use Kred or Traackr to manage and evaluate your Influence Network. If Google+ is a relevant channel in your domain, also check out Linkdex, which identifies People who validated their Google+ Authorship and determines and measures their Authority, Popularity and Content on Google+.
While you may find a whole range of Influencers in your Industry, keep in mind that "it's not enough that they are popular or relevant, they need to be effective". In the end, you'll often end up with the Insight that you'll get better results working with Niche Influencers than with the big names.
Putting the Strategy to Work
When we talked about how to create Value for Influencers in order to reach their Audiences, Lea elaborated his Strategy of Content Co-Creation. That Strategy comes to Life with TopRank's new eBook Series on Content Marketing, which they created collaboratively with over 40 major brands and thought leaders. You can read up on the e-book Series and their Creation at toprankmarketing.com.
If you're interested in diving deeper into the topic, we can recommend this article by Brian Anderson featuring Lee Odden.
And don't forget Lee's most critical Lesson: Empathy.
Additional Mentions and Bonus
2. Educators, Coaches, Entertainers and Charismatics - 4 Archetypes of Top 40 Social Media Influencers. Very useful insights from Dr. Jim Barry an Associate Professor of Marketing who teaches MBA classes in Social Media Marketing (via Lee Odden)
3. Lesetipp für die Deutschen Nutzer: UPLOAD Magazin Nr. 14 mit dem Themenschwerpunkt „Online Marketing“: Influencer Marketing Artikel von Falk Hedemann